Its now Friday evening. I did successfully do homework all day. I finished my online course in PE and Health and even made a 100 on my test. YIPEE. We did not grill, actually Kirstin, Kali, and myself had frozen pizza. Alex went to VBS with her friend, Emily, and Richard got called back into work and is then going over to a doctors house for an anniversary party. We didn't have a sitter so Kirstin, Kali and I are having a girls night in. We watched America's Funniest Home Video's, ate our frozen pizza and brownies (they made them this morning while I was working on homework) and went for a bike ride. Oh yeah, and we painted nails. They are now laying in my bed behind me, Riley is laying in the hallway passed out, Alex is still gone and Richard is also still gone. As we were riding bikes, the sun was setting, the sky was beautiful and it just reminded me to be thankful for God bringing us to Bullard. It is hard moving, hard starting over, hard meeting new people, hard not having a sitter to go out with my husband, just hard. But it also brings such new adventures. It makes the relationships we have we our children so much stronger. We had some serious tears from Kirstin and Kali today, they have a hard time understanding sometimes why we had to move and leave friends and comfort behind. But because of that move, we have so many new things to look forward to. It is so comforting for us to be able to sit down and explain that sometimes life is hard, but we learn from these times. I think and hope this will make my girls stronger. Anyways, I just wanted to share how blessed I am feeling right now. Thank you God for giving me Richard, my special husband. Thank you for giving me my girls. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to start over and learn from my past mistakes, thank you for my family and friends. I pray for the girls that they all meet special people this year and have a wonderful teacher.
Quest or Quench
2 years ago


.jpg)




2 comments:
Amy,
You are such an awesome mom. The love you have for your family is so evident. Alex, Kali, and Kirstin are blessed. Just as you prayed for your girls to meet special people this year, I continue to pray that you will meet that one special friend God has picked out just for you.
Although as life goes on, I am clinging more to family and less to friends. I think that is the way God intended it to be. Friends are important, but family must be a priority. I went so long without friends that sometimes I think I make them a priority when they should not be. As I continue to grow in the Lord, and as He continues to be patient with me, I am slowly changing my priorities. Thank you for being such a great example.
Have a blessed day. Love, BBB
so good to read all about your family. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow. Tell everyone I said hello. Guess I need to get my blog updated here soon.
Brittney
Post a Comment